The Chautauqua County Libertarian Party held their monthly meeting Thursday, July 11, 2019 at the See-Zurh House in Bemus Point, with the primary purpose of nominating candidates. Over the past few months, the party has interviewed several candidates.
The meeting was called to order by Chair Andrew Martin Kolstee and several of the candidates were present to issue their closing statements. Following the closing statements, the committee discussed each of the candidates and made their final decision.
The following 14 candidates have been officially nominated by the Chautauqua County Libertarian Party:
- Andrew Liuzzo for Jamestown Mayor
- Raven Mason-Thompson for Jamestown City Council At Large
- Anthony Dolce for Jamestown City Council Ward 2
- Brittnay Spry for Jamestown City Council Ward 4
- Dennis Welka for Dunkirk City Council Ward 1
- Rudy Mueller for Busti Town Supervisor
- Russell Payne for Carroll Town Supervisor
- Daniel Heitzenrater for Ellicott Town Council Ward 4
- Susan Baldwin for Villenova Town Council
- John Dudley Robinson for Villenova Town Council
- Ron Hall for Chautauqua County Legislator District 1
- Christopher Schaeffer for Chautauqua County Legislator District 3
- Terry Niebel for Chautauqua County Legislator District 5
- Bill Ward for Chautauqua County Legislator District 18.
Prior to Thursday’s meeting, the party had already nominated Gerrit Cain for Chautauqua County Legislator District 16 and Ryan Sanders for Sherman Village Trustee. Other potential candidates will be voted upon in August.
“We want to thank all of the candidates who reached out to us and showed an interest in our party,” said Kolstee. “We look forward to continuing this open dialogue on the issues that face our communities. More and more people are embracing the ideals of the Libertarian Party and we look forward to continuing to promote our message and party with our candidates.”
The Chautauqua County Libertarian Party was formed to advance liberty in Chautauqua County and give the people of Chautauqua County another choice. Please like us on Facebook and visit our website at www.chautauquaLP.org. For questions, comments, or more information, contact Andrew Martin Kolstee by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling or texting (716) 640-2089.